The link to the annual holiday safety round up from the American Academy of Pediatrics for those making a list and checking it twice is here.
This year there’s information about trees, lights, decorations, holiday food and drink safety, and fireplaces.
And from me, two other thoughts:
Fires, especially if your fireplace doesn’t draw well, can trigger respiratory symptoms and asthma. Make sure you have proper ventilation. And remember to check if it’s a Spare the Air day before lighting a winter fire here.
Each year some children react when a live tree is brought indoors. Sometimes it’s a pine allergy; sometimes it’s products sprayed on the tree during its growing time at the farm.