The dogs and I had a big Tilden hike this morning, and I had an unexpected brush with some twigs, which on closer inspection were budding with shiny leaves of three. Poison oak!
There are three options with poison oak:
1. avoid it
2. pre-treat skin before going out with a product like Ivy Block
3. wash the area of contact with soap and water (my solution) or a product like Technu. Make sure you wash balls, toys, clothing and pets (sorry, Teddy).
More about poison oak this perennial play-time hazard from my blog is here.
More on poison oak and poison ivy from AAP: